Montrose County — The Colorado Division of Transportation and contract associate Elam Building of Grand Junction will start roadway and security enhancements alongside US Freeway 550 on January 30. CDOT and the challenge group will host an open home for the general public on Wednesday, Jan. 25 from 4: 30-6:30 p.m. on the Montrose County Occasion Middle. The handle of the occasion is 1036 North seventh Road. Most people and members of the general public with entry factors alongside the freeway hall are inspired to take care of study concerning the phasing schedule and site visitors impacts.
The challenge will happen at three places alongside the 8.5-mile part of US 550. The challenge limits will start at Otter Street south of Montrose, at Mile Level 126, and can proceed to the Ouray-Montrose county line, at MP 117.5.
The US 550 hall security enhancements embrace the next:
- Southern Part – County Line to Centennial RV Park, MP 117.3 to 118.8
- Deer fence, jump-outs and deer guards at every entry
- Left-turn deceleration lane at Centennial RV Park
- Central Part – Uncompahgre Street to north of Trout Street, MP 121.3 to 123.1
- Trout Street intersection realignment
- Passing lanes at Trout Street
- Lengthy left-turn lane from Tulare Street to north of Ridge View Drive
- Northern Part – south of Photo voltaic Street to Otter Street, MP 123.4 to 126.1
- Photo voltaic Street intersection realignment
- Photo voltaic Street left-turn deceleration lanes
- Lengthy left-turn lane at Rose Street and Riverside Street
- Racine Street intersection realignment
- Full Size of Venture – County Line to Otter Street, MP 117.3 to 126.1
- entry management
- Frontage highway right-of-way fence
The brand new passing lanes will enhance site visitors move and supply safer operational situations whereas the auxiliary lanes will present autos a protected path to decelerate to an applicable velocity earlier than exiting the freeway. The challenge is anticipated to final via October.
Different advantages of the challenge embrace a wildlife fencing system. Wildlife fencing retains animals off the freeway and directs them to safer crossing places. When animals do enter the freeway the brand new recreation ramps will permit entry for animals to exit the freeway hall.
Daytime work will happen Monday via Friday from 7 am to 7 pm Motorists ought to plan for lane shifts, shoulder closures, one-lane alternating site visitors, and a decreased velocity restrict all through the work-zone.
For added details about this challenge:
Know Earlier than You Go
Vacationers are urged to “know earlier than you go.” Collect details about climate forecasts and anticipated journey impacts and present highway situations previous to hitting the highway. CDOT assets embrace:
Bear in mind: Gradual For The Cone Zone
The next suggestions are that will help you keep protected whereas touring via upkeep and building work zones.
- Don’t velocity in work zones. Obey the posted velocity limits.
- Keep Alert! Anticipate the sudden.
- Look ahead to staff. Drive with warning.
- Do not change lanes unnecessarily.
- Keep away from utilizing cellular gadgets comparable to telephones whereas driving in work zones.
- Activate headlights in order that staff and different drivers can see you.
- Be particularly alert at night time whereas driving in work zones.
- Anticipate delays, particularly throughout peak journey instances.
- Permit ample house between you and the automotive in entrance of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts and merge when directed to take action.
- Be affected person!
Obtain the COtrip App!
The brand new FREE COtrip Planner cellular app was designed to satisfy the rising pattern of data on cellular and pill gadgets for the touring public. The COtrip Planner app offers statewide, real-time site visitors info, and works on cellular gadgets that function on the iOS and Android platforms. Go to the Google Play Retailer (Android gadgets) or the Apple Retailer (iOS gadgets) to obtain!