The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok seeks to fill the next place:
Physiotherapist, based mostly in Chiang Mai
We’re in search of a spirited group participant with a can-do perspective to affix our dynamic group.
The Physiotherapist (PT) contributes to implementing, working and monitoring the well being programme(s) in cooperation with the well being group, based on the aims set out within the delegation’s annual planning (Planning for Outcomes) for a particular geographic space or area of actions . Based mostly on the abilities required for this place, she s/he delivers PT associated providers with autonomy (eg hospital settings) and contributes actively to planning and coordinating well being actions at area degree.
Below the supervision of the Head of Sub Delegation (SD) in Chiang Mai and the Well being Mission Supervisor (HPM) in Bangkok, develops and maintains an intensive understanding of the ICRC Weapon Wounded Help Program (WWAP), of its dynamics associated to the availability of life-saving surgical care and rehabilitation look after the victims of the Jap Myanmar’s battle(s) and the functioning of the nationwide well being programs in Thailand and Myanmar. The PT will contribute to the achievement of the aims of the ICRC Weapon Wounded Help Programme, which consists of economic help to weapon-wounded from Myanmar to obtain surgical and bodily rehabilitation care in Thai well being constructions.
He/she will likely be taking part in visits to sufferers admitted in well being services and play an lively position with the related native authorities and the various stakeholders for on website interventions. The PT might also help the well being group and the workplace in Chiang Mai in organizing health-related actions, comparable to coaching periods in coordination with respective beneficiaries and establishments in Thailand and Jap Myanmar.
The place will likely be based mostly in Chiang Mai and would require frequent journey to hospitals, clinics, prosthetic facilities within the North of Thailand.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Case administration and different WWAP actions
- The PT with help of HFO (Well being Subject Officer), carries medical evaluation and interviews with the affected person to gather related data together with medical historical past.
- The PT will present acute and comply with up physiotherapy interventions at MoPH hospital interventions, fractures, wound and tender tissue accidents, neurological situations and so forth.), based mostly on an agreed schedule and acceptance of MoPH hospital Surgeons and PTs.
- Determine means to entry / present bodily rehabilitation providers, primarily associated to mobility units, for individuals with everlasting motion associated disabilities / extreme motion restrictions.
- Assess and supply bodily rehabilitation providers, primarily mobility units, for individuals with everlasting motion associated disabilities / extreme motion restrictions.
- Information accomplice care givers/ physiotherapy associated employees in provision of mobility units.
- Suggest suggestions and enhancements relating to gear, affected person movement, work group and procedures.
- Develop clear remedy protocols aimed towards purposeful outcomes.
- Guarantee people in want of assistive units purchase each pre and put up gadget PT interventions. Accordingly, facilitate and help P&O interventions the place mandatory.
- Empower native PT and P&O counterparts for elevated help in PT associated actions for bodily rehabilitation interventions.
- Is chargeable for physiotherapy supplies, assistive units for ADL wants: Annual plan and supplementary forecast materials wants (rest room seats, strolling frames, slide boards and so forth).
- The PT manages the instances for additional remedy and/or the referral to hospitals and orthopedic rehabilitation facilities, making certain the entire comply with up of the scientific case and continuum of care.
- The PT will work with the sufferers and caregivers to make sure the sufferers are concerned of their care plan and obtain mandatory help and recommendation.
- The PT contributes to the group of coaching periods (eg, PRP, first assist, trauma, and emergency care) when required by this system and in shut coordination with varied ICRC departments and related native establishments.
- The PT stories to the HFO (B3) every day however is managed for technical actions by the HPM and help from Regional PRP Specialist.
Networking and coordination
- He/she contributes to the understanding of the well being state of affairs and assesses the entry to healthcare for ICRC goal teams.
- PT maintains the working relationships and ensures coordination with related medical and non-medical actors in Thailand and Myanmar (authorities, I/NGOs).
Evaluation & Reporting
- PT performs an lively position within the evaluation of the humanitarian state of affairs in Jap Myanmar.
- Below the supervision of ICRC blue and pink strains, he/she contributes to narrative, analytical and monetary well being reporting (QHTR, PMT and different related institutional reporting and monitoring instruments);
- He/she retains complete up-to-date data of related digital databases and bodily submitting, together with the Medical Actions Database (MAD) (in coordination with BAN Well being);
Different well being actions
- Upon request of ICRC supervisors, PT could take part and provides his/her contribution in detention visits and different health-related actions throughout Thailand
Administration and Logistics
- PT complies with the required administrative and logistic procedures and requests.
- He/she coordinates with ICRC logistic division on provide of medical objects when wanted.
- Acknowledged college qualification in Physiotherapy: BSC in Physiotherapy
- Thai Registered and Licensed
- Minimal 2 years work expertise in hospital setting; No less than one yr expertise in surgical trauma care.
- Understanding and information of the Thai nationwide well being care system and fundamentals of public well being.
- Robust motivation for humanitarian work and sense of duty
- Availability to journey and work in north-western Thailand, and the remainder of Thailand
- Earlier expertise in humanitarian work could be an asset
- Self-supporting in computer systems (Home windows, spreadsheets, word-processing)
- Robust expertise generally administration, oral and written reporting in Thai and English
- Sound understanding of political, social and cultural components within the Thai and Jap Myanmar contexts
- Superb command of written and spoken English and Thai
- Information of Karen, Burmese languages could be an asset
- Dynamic and difficult work within the humanitarian sector and worldwide setting
- Aggressive wage with advantages, good working situations and in-house coaching/growth
- Preliminary 1-year employment (resident contract) with risk of renewal into open-ended contract (topic to efficiency evaluate)
Most well-liked beginning date: ASAP
Submission deadline for functions: 23 February 2023
The ICRC values range and is dedicated to creating an inclusive working setting. We welcome functions
from all certified candidates, no matter background, race, faith, gender, age, incapacity, or standing.
Certified candidates are requested to submit their complete CV and letter of motivation in English, in addition to
wage expectationsfollowing this format for the topic line: POSITION – First Title Surname by e mail solely to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly notice that solely short-listed candidates will likely be invited for the interview
and the ICRC won’t preserve the recordsdata of candidates who weren’t shortlisted