*** Unable to offer sponsorship right now. Solely contemplating individuals eligible to work in the US.
Place Title: Humanitarian Vessel Planning Coordinator
Mission: World Assist and Improvement (GSD) is a humanitarian group whose mission is to reply quickly to disasters in collaboration with at-risk communities and help them to arrange for future disasters. We worth collaboration and search alternatives to amplify the work of others in-country, each in preparation for and in response to disasters (https://gsd.ngo). Our new headquarters will likely be primarily based out of Charlotte, NC.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The HV Planning Coordinator will develop operational procedures, processes, and oversee the planning of engagement actions onboard the HV for each GSD and companions. The HV Planning Coordinator will report on to the HV Director of Operations and Plans and work intently with the Chief Vessel Officer (CVO) in transitioning associate engagement proposals and ideas into actionable operational plans.
- Assist a high-performing and matrixed workforce with planning and long-term coordination of catastrophe response, data administration, and neighborhood resilience actions for the HV;
- Help within the improvement of the HV program engagement technique and supporting documentation to align the HV’s engagement partnership strategy to broader GSD methods and coverage;
- Work with the CVO in supporting engagements with potential companions in coordination with GSD Partnerships division to generate medium and long run HV tasking;
- Work with the HV Director of Operations and Plans to plan efficient HV engagements, coaching, and partnerships methods aligned with the HV’s scheduling priorities;
- Develop procedures, processes, and insurance policies to help the efficient engagement and administration of HV assets;
- Guarantee deliberate HV actions (response, associate engagements, trainings) align with GSD’s strategic priorities;
- Perceive wants and planning constraints of key companions and deliberate actions and be ready to step in as wanted to help;
- Work intently with the HV Ops Coordinator to supervise the supply of HV plans.
- Preserve consciousness of coaching necessities and curriculum for HV maritime crew, GSD mission crew, and companions;
- Guarantee all HV actions are in accordance with GSD’s core values and mission and, when applicable, the Humanitarian SPHERE rules;
- Interact with reference to humanitarian impression;
- Carry out different duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of related expertise in planning / course of / program administration
- 5+ years creating operational and strategic planning initiatives
- 5+ years of cultivating high-level strategic partnerships
- Bachelor’s diploma or equal sensible expertise
- Grasp’s diploma in emergency administration or equal sensible expertise most well-liked
- Sturdy organizational and methods administration abilities
- Wonderful problem-solving, communication, and analytical abilities
- Proficient in Google workspaces
- Capacity to know and adapt to dynamic operational environments
- Fundamental familiarity with maritime operations
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The position is required to be primarily based on the GSD HQ in Charlotte, NC the place the profitable candidate will likely be anticipated to spend 60% of their time.
- GSD is presently utilizing a hybrid work schedule and helps working from dwelling on a restricted foundation within the brief time period, with a transition to the HQ location anticipated within the subsequent 3 months.
- Count on to journey to the HV to help mission exercise for extended durations (roughly 2 weeks at a time); 40% annual journey anticipated.
Notice: World Assist and Improvement does require all workers to adjust to our immunization coverage.
GSD is an Equal Alternative Employer, and embraces all candidates no matter race, sexual orientation, age, nationwide origin, incapacity standing, shade, faith, and reprisal.
GSD promotes range, fairness, and inclusion in all candidate choices.
The way to apply
Please apply at: https://gsdngo.bamboohr.com/careers/79?supply=aWQ9MTgpercent3D